Skip to main content

AJE Component of the Month Reveal - December

This is the day for the December reveal of Art Jewelry Elements' Component of the Month.  This month, the component was supplied by super-talented-wonderful-friendly-fun Jenny Davies-Reazor.  She sent us all a labyrinth charm to work with.

 This one was mine!  At first, I was going to make a necklace.  I'm necklace challenged, and it seemed like a great idea.  But I have been sick for a month...yep, a month.  Just starting to stop coughing right now.  Ugh.  So, I made an ornament.  I have been in an ornament-making mood anyways, and I'll show you some I made in a future post (before I take my tree down!).  But I really like this one I made.  I found some czech faceted rondelles that match really well, and used a large round clear faceted bead on top, and one of my own lampwork beads as a dangle on bottom.  I would chance the jump rings connecting the top of the labyrinth, though, if I get a chance.  They are too big.  For me. 

 It just so happened that on December 22, our local paper had a photo of a labyrinth in the city that people were walking around.  I had no idea we even had any, and the timing was impeccable!  So, it turns out, if you go to a website called www.labyrinthlocator.com - you can locate labyrinths around the world, or close to you!  Turns out there are 19 within 25 miles of me!  I'm not going to tell you all about labyrinths because I'm leaving that to Jenny!  I hope you go and visit everyone else today and see what they made!



Comments

Lesley said…
What a lovely ornament Sue...hope you're felling better soon.
SmittenBeads said…
Very pretty ornament, I've just had a scroll down and love the others you have made too.
Happy New Year to you
Claire
Beautiful Ornament Sue, so frosty and festive!!!
Glad you are FINALLY on the mend - I hate being sick, especially during the Holidays. I love your ornament-I bet it looks fantastic on your tree! And, thanks for the link to the Labryninth locater - what a cool site!
Alice said…
I love the idea of making this into an ornament! It's lovely!!!

I hope you are all done with that nasty illness so you can enjoy the new year!
Jenny said…
Sue - its lovely! What a gorgeous thing to hang on your tree! We know from Beadfest how well your glass and my glazes go together! I am sorry you were so sick, and thrilled you were still able to "play" along with this CoM.
Feel better, and have a good New Year!
Becky Pancake said…
Great job. I love your ornament.
Hi Sue,
I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. I love your ornament it is so pretty. I'm going to check out that web site it would be interesting to see if there is one near me.
Happy New Year,
Therese
Anonymous said…
Oh, what a great ornament, symbolic and so simple. I love simplicity and love the beads you used.
I love the ornament! That will be really special on your tree. And I'm glad you are finally starting to feel better!
Unknown said…
Oh wow, that turned out to make a gorgeous ornament! Of course, you could also hang it from the rear view mirror too. :) Great job!!
jessememan said…
Hey Sue...love the ornament! That was a great idea. Hope you feel better soon!
Unknown said…
Sue that is gorgeous!!!! I know you are gifted with your ornaments and I would so love to explore your tree for treasures like this!!!!
Diana P. said…
I bet that looks great on the tree Sue! And thanks for the labyrinth link! I just found several near me!
a month, yikes! hope you are feeling yourself soon. I did have one of those "hundred day coughs" several years back.. my husband too, it was nuts. I love the ornament it would be right at home on my super fake all white tree covered in a zillion blue ornaments :)
Oh and isn't it incredible what we find in our own backyards! I'll have to check that site too
Jo said…
So glad that you're starting to feel better now Sue. Your ornament is really pretty.

Popular posts from this blog

The Tacky Earring Blog Hop

Diana Ptaszynski had a great idea, instead of a Tacky Christmas Sweater blog hop, a Tacky Holiday Earring blog hop! I was on it.  I had ideas right away.  I had so many I had to control myself.  You can buy these for $15 each, too!  Here we go! I found these awesome wreaths in the miniature Christmas section in Michaels, and they go perfectly with silver and copper colored plastic beads! These trees were found in Michaels, on an end-cap - I assume they are scrapbook or card making supplies, but make fantastic earrings.  The holes were a little small and far down, so I had to make LARGE loops.  Paired these with cute little gold colored jingle bells! And, finally, the ones I had in my head the moment she announced the blog hop.  Dr. Seuss sparkly puff balls with ribbons.  The only thing that would have made these better for me is if I could have found the red ribbons I really wanted to pair these with - don't get me wrong, the silver is cool and all, but in my head they w

Bead Soup Blog Party!

Welcome to the 3rd Bead Soup Blog Party! What is a Bead Soup Blog Party? Each beader was paired up with another jewelry designer and tasked with sending the following: ~ A focal ~ A special clasp (not just a lobster claw) ~ Some coordinating spacers or beads Using the focal and the clasp was mandatory, but we could use anything from our own stash to round out the rest, and choose to use the coordinating beads or not. You may recall my partner was Margot Potter ; click this link to see the blog post I wrote of what she sent me! Here's what I made! Dangly earrings! Come see what the rest of us made! 1. Lori Anderson, Pretty Things 2. Kitty Durmaj, Perles and Life 3. Michelle Heim, Life In the Bead Lane 4. Lisa Petrillo, Lucid Moon Studio 5. Anitra Gordy, Leelu Creations 6. Paige Maxim, Paige Maxim Designs 7. Marianna Boylan, Pretty Shiny Things 8. Cheryl Roe, BeadRoe 9. Heidi Post, Ex Post Facto 10. Cindy Wimmer, Sweet Bead Studio 11. Terri Gauthier, Blooming Ideas 12.